House of Cheviot combine traditional hand knitting skills developed over 200 years with the very latest knitting technology, to provide the best country socks, kilt hose, and shooting socks available.
Based in the Hawick, Scotland, they employ 30 people.
The House of Cheviot Challenge
In 2014, they launched their first business to consumer line via their new Magento built website. Unfortunately, the website faced user experience challenges and was not generating the anticipated sales.
The business had no internal sales or marketing resource.
LMW Consulting Solution
Lesley Wood delivered a range of support services and staff training that included:
- A correctional brief to the appointed digital agency to improve user experience and enhance the checkout experience
- Project management for the implementation of the upgrades
- Search engine optimisation to improve product descriptions, page descriptions and titles, and a strategy for acquiring back links.
- Social media strategy development Provision and population of a 12-month marketing calendar
- Staff mentoring and marketing training in general
Today the business is operating across multiple markets attracting new customers and transacting successfully online having promoted internal staff to drive the marketing strategy.